Scooter is more comfortable option to ride easily in the city traffic to and from work, college, school, or more. The latest innovation in automobile technology and ease offered have pushed the consumers to invest in scooters, which are a great riding option for every age.
If you are in the process of buying a new scooter, then make sure to do proper research before you reach a decision. At Droom, we promote buying both new or used scooter that fits in your requirements. If you are more inclined towards buying a new, following are a few things to keep in mind before buying a new motorcycle:
- Understand Your Purpose and Requirements: Before you make your purchase know your purpose and requirement of buying a scooter by asking yourself the basic questions about where and when you will ride? Are you looking for daily transportation, weekend cruising, or somewhere in between? Or mix of everything. Based on your answer, shortlist the available options in the market.
- Fix A Budget: After understanding your purpose of buying a scooter, fix a budget. Allocate the finances you would want to invest in buying a scooter.
- Fuel Efficiency: Get information about the average mileage of the scooter you want to buy. The more the average mileage the better will be the fuel efficiency. Go for a scooter with better fuel efficiency as this will save you some money in long run.
- Resale Value/Depreciation: Make sure to consider the resale value or depreciation of the scooter you are planning to buy. Though this is very market dependent thing, and also depends on the then condition of the vehicle, but brand value too determines the ability of a vehicle to retain its value. Check fair market price of your used scooter after 3 years (3 years used as an example here) with Orange Book Value.
- Check Affordability: Before investing a huge portion of your money in buying a new scooter, make sure you know what is the appropriate affordable range and budget. Use Affordability Calculator at droom.in to calculate the price range of the vehicle and affordable EMI according to your current income and expenditure. Affordability Calculator takes input of your current income and expenditure to give output of affordable price range and EMI.
- Test Ride Yourself: Test drive the scooter and do this yourself. Experience and judge the feel of riding this scooter on different kind of city roads and highways. Test ride all the options you have narrowed before finalizing the one.
- Pre-Approved Loan: If you are planning to go for a loan option, then make sure to get the quotations from different banks or financial organizations. Carefully understand the terms and conditions, then pick the best one. Droom offers new scooters with 70% pre-approved loans.
- Calculate EMI: Know what amount of money you should shell out each month on EMI. Use EMI Calculator available at droom.in to calculate your monthly EMI, sum to be repaid, total interest to be paid, and interest & principal components of each EMI for the required loan amount.
- Rating & Reviews: All the information provided by the manufacture is not true, as it is majorly used for endorsing and advertising the vehicle. Check the genuine rating and reviews available online, which are given by authentic users and experts.
- Authorized Dealer Only: Don’t fall in the trap of cheesy discounts offered by some unauthorized dealer. Make sure you buy from an authorized dealer only. Check 2-3 dealers in your locality, as they might offer different perks and discounts. Consider buying from Droom to get best price from an authorized dealer.
Buying a scooter is an important investment and big decision. Ensure that you are fully equipped with all the details before taking the final call. Buy a new motorcycle based on how much you can afford and EMI payment you think you can pay per month, also consider the fuel efficiency, technical specifications, and other important factors. Though sometimes it makes more sense to invest in used bikes, but then it’s all about personal choices. Droom offers wide range of options of both used and new bikes that’s sure to fit your budget and requirements. Buy now!