The CSR arm of Hyundai Motor India Ltd. (HMIL), Hyundai Motor India Foundation (HMIF) has extended its spectrum of CSR initiatives in support of India’s fight against COVID-19. Hyundai is all set to provide assistance to the Central and State governments by contributing towards different Relief Funds. It also prepping to provide the Indian Medical Fraternity with much needed protective and patient care equipment.
Hyundai will provide support to the customers in this challenging time. Customers who are unable to avail vehicle’s Warranty/Extended Warranty/Free Service due to Health Emergency or Dealership shutdown in affected cities, Hyundai will offer extended support of 2 months. Customers (Doctors/Police/Bankers etc) who are in essential services are already being given Road Side Assistance by Allianz Partner/Dealers, in case of any emergency.
“In these challenging times, our Global Vision – ‘Progress for Humanity’, holds us firmly rooted in the core values of community service. Hyundai is committed to support India in this fight against the COVID-19 crisis and we are advancing our CSR initiatives that are aimed at enhancing support and care of society & communities,” as commented SS Kim, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd.
Apart from this, Hyundai is also going to undertake a list of CSR initiatives that include:
● Contribution towards the PM CARES Fund.
● Contribution towards Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s Public Relief Fund.
● Provide Advanced and Precise COVID-19 Diagnostic kits imported from South Korea.
● HMIL to join hands with a local manufacturer to enhance the production of ventilators to meet growing demand in Tamil Nadu and other states.
● In-house development of a prototype ventilator: already submitted to Government of Tamil Nadu for consideration.
● Provide protective and patient care equipment/ materials to various states.
● HMIL will provide daily necessary food material in the form of dry ration to needy people in coordination with the local Government.