Hero Electric introduced a ‘Hero Care’ program for its employees. It is a flexible benefits policy for all the Hero Electric employees that will take care of them and their family’s dreams, hopes, and aspirations in different stages of life. Basically, this policy is going to cover every employee who has completed a minimum of two years in the company.
Hero Care Program: Details
When we talk about the ‘Hero Care’ program in detail, it will be applied to employees across their different stages in life. Here we have listed them below.
- All the young employees between the age groups of 20-25 years will be entitled to education loans and scholarships so as to pursue higher education based on their performance. Besides this, they will also be offered Flexi timings during exams and short-term company-sponsored courses.
- Under this initiative, the spouses of the Hero Electric employees will be offered full-time/ part-time employment in the company and on priority vehicle loans including the Flexi hours for 3 months and additional leaves.
- The program will offer the new parents paternity leaves of 15 days and maternity benefits as per govt guidelines. They will also get Flexi hours for up to 6 months, WFH for up to 10 days in the first 3 months.
- The Hero Electric employees with children in primary school will be eligible for low-interest loans for school admissions. The initiative will further provide the opportunity to organize get-togethers for children of the same age group, family holiday vouchers to ensure they get to spend time with family and experience a new city.
- All the children of Hero Electric employees who are pursuing higher education will be eligible for scholarships and loans to pursue a course of their choice on a merit basis. Furthermore, the policy will also offer them paid internships and support them in skill enhancement and job search.
- Employees in their mid-life will be eligible for long-term Home loans at a fixed interest. Besides this, they will also get speaking opportunities, leave accumulation, enroll in hobby classes of their choice, and learn a new skill.
- Employees in their fifties can enjoy the benefits of Flexi timings, life insurance, flexibility to take sabbaticals using their accumulated leaves and focus on improving their lifestyles with annual health check-ups, under this initiative.
- Lastly, employees who have retired at Hero Electric can get themselves enrolled into a prestigious Ex-Hero Club so as to avail of the benefits of annual Health check-ups for up to 5 years. They will also get opportunities to consult and mentor at other organizations through Hero. Besides these, Hero will also offer jobs to their offspring on the basis of merits.
“Today, we have over 300+ employees who have worked with us through this journey to bring us to the position we are at today. Our employees are our family and when we looked at the best practices globally, we decided we had to come up with some of our own that set benchmarks for the industry, just like we did for the EVs. We truly understand the needs and wants of people through different life stages and we want to give them exactly what motivates them to be aligned with the company's goals. Hero Care is therefore not just a program, but a plan to help each one of our family members thrive and succeed in an environment that respects each one of them,” as commented by Sohinder Gill, CEO, Hero Electric.