How to change Battery Connection
Checking your battery connection to make sure your battery is being properly maintained takes about 20 minutes to do and will cost around 60 (the price of a wire brush). Here is how to do it:
1) Remove the battery cables from your battery, starting with the negative cables first.
2) Clean the posts using a wire brush and corrosion removal fluid, which is basically a mixture of baking soda and water. Save even more money by making this solution on your own.
3) Clean the battery terminals with a wire brush.
4) Rinse the cleaning fluid with water and dry with a rag.
5) Re-install your battery terminals starting with the positive ones first.