When we talk about top 10 car sales, the first manufacturer that comes to our mind is Maruti Suzuki and why not? We all know that it dominates the auto industry in India and majority of the cars in the top 10 list every month are from Maruti Suzuki. Same is the case in January 2019, where 7 out of 10 cars are from Maruti itself. The top 10 cars sold 1,42,730 units in January contributing to 52 percent of the total car sales in the month. Here is the list of top 10 selling cars in January 2019.
1. Maruti Alto - The entry level hatchback from Maruti and the most affordable car in the country has a habit of hitting the top spot almost every month. This time around it seen 23,360 units of sales in January 2019. It is the favourite car of first time car buyers in India.
2. Maruti Dzire - Even though Tata Motors was the first carmaker to introduce the compact sedan segment, Maruti has mastered it with the Dzire and this car is unbeatable every month in terms of sales. Maruti has managed to sell 19,073 units of the same.
3. Maruti Swift - The evergreen hatchback never fails to impress every month, this car is very popular in India and manages to be in the top 3 spot almost every month. 18,795 units of the same have been sold in January.
4. Maruti Baleno - The premium hatchback has recently been updated with a facelift offering more safety, new features and slightly updated cosmetics. The Maruti Baleno saw 16,717 units of sales.
5. Maruti Brezza - The highest selling SUV in India, the Maruti Vitara Brezza keeps the competition away thanks to the crazy demand. Maruti has sold 13,172 units of the Brezza in the beginning of the year 2019.
6. Hyundai i20 - Finally a non-Maruti car makes to the list, the Hyundai i20 has been churning out high volumes consistently. The Korean carmaker managed to sell 11,749 units of the same.
7. Hyundai Creta - The premium compact SUV that everybody want to have in their garage. Offering limitless features, the Hyundai Creta is very popular amongst compact SUVs selling 10,314 units.
8. Hyundai Grand i10 - Yet another successful product from the Hyundai linuep, the Grand i10 also manages to make it in the top 10 list. During this period, Hyundai sold 10,285 units of the Grand i10.
9. Maruti Wagon R - The new generation Wagon R has just been launched by the end of January and still it managed to hit the top 10 list. We believe soon it'll climb up to the top 5 list. In January 2019, Maruti sold 10,048 units of the Wagon R.
10. Maruti Celerio - The last one on the list is the Celerio taking the 10th position. 9217 units of the hatchback has been sold in January 2019.