The NGT asked why VW India hasn’t recalled 3.23 lakh diesel cars but with potential emission irregularities.

The National Green Tribunal has questioned Volkswagen India with regards to the ‘Dieselgate scandal’. The NGT has asked the German carmaker why the 3.23 lakh diesel cars with potential emission irregularities in India have not been recalled yet.

The company had issued a voluntary recall in 2015 following the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) findings of a large discrepancy between laboratory and on-road emission levels on cars that are equipped with the EA189 family diesel engine.

The recall in India would involve fixing 1,98,500 cars from Volkswagen, 88,700 cars from Skoda and 36,500 cars from Audi, across various models. The engine range varied from 1.2-litre, 1.5-litre, 1.6-litre and 2.0-litre diesels. The NGT has noted that only 64 percent of the affected cars have been recalled so far, so it has asked VW why action hasn’t been taken yet on the remaining 36 percent.

News You May Like

1,500th Safari Storme for the Indian Army rolls out
  • Published On : 27 August 2018
  • 1 min read

Tata Motors is contracted to supply 3,192 units of the GS800 Safari Storme 4x4 army-spec SUV to the Indian Armed Forces.

Read More

Jeep Compass Gets Over 10,000 Bookings
  • Published On : 5 September 2017
  • 1 min read

The company has ramped up production at its Ranjangaon plant to meet demand.

Read More