MG Gloster, unquestionably, is one of the most anticipated launches of 2020 in the Indian market. The gigantic SUV has been making headlines since the Auto Expo in February this year where it was showcased for the first time to the Indian buyers. The bookings for the Gloster started a couple of weeks back at a token amount of Rs 1 Lakh while it is being locally manufactured at the company's Halol production facility in Gujarat. We have prepared a comprehensive list of questions that could be pondering across the brain of buyers.
So, here's presenting MG Gloster FAQs:
1. What is the Ground Clearance of the MG Gloster?
Ans: MG Gloster comes with a ground clearance of 210mm which is ample for hardcore off-roading too.
2. Which are the engine options available with the new MG Gloster?
Ans: MG Gloster comes with two BS6 compliant diesel engines – a 2.0L turbocharged and a 2.0L twin-turbocharged.
3. Tell me the wheel size of the MG Gloster?
Ans: MG Gloster rides on 19-inch wheel size as standard with tyre specification as 255/55.
4. Would the MG Gloster be available through CSD (Canteen Stores Department) Canteen? If yes, what would be the CSD price of Thar?
Ans: Indian Army's QuarterMaster General (QMG) arm had directed that officers can buy cars worth up to only Rs 12 Lakhs while the engine capacity was capped at 2500cc. MG Gloster doesn't fulfil both the aforementioned requirements and hence, it will not be available at the CSD outlets due to its starting price of Rs 28+ Lakhs.
5. What is the top power and peak torque of MG Gloster?
Ans: MG Gloster comes with two diesel engine options – a 2.0L turbocharged and a 2.0L twin-turbocharged. The 2.0L turbocharged motor, offered with entry-level Super and Smart trims, delivers a maximum power of 160bhp at 4000rpm and peak torque of 375Nm between 1500-2400rpm. On the other hand, the 2.0L twin-turbocharged diesel engine produces top power and highest torque of 215bhp at 4000rpm and 480Nm between 1500-2400rpm, respectively.
6. What is MG Gloster’s fuel tank capacity?
Ans: The SUV comes with a fuel tank capacity of 75-liters.
7. What is the boot space (luggage carrying capacity) of MG Gloster?
Ans: MG Gloster comes with a decent boot space of 343 litres with all the three rows in place. Though, the company has not released the official luggage carrying capacity in the event of unfolding of third row seats but we can say that it is immensely spacious and can carry 5-7 big suitcases.
8. What is the waiting period/time with MG Gloster?
Ans: Seeing the initial response, we expect the Gloster to have a general waiting period of around 1-2 weeks, depending on the region, state, city, variant, and color options.
9. Tell me about MG Gloster’s music system?
Ans: MG Gloster top-end variants comes equipped with a high quality Audio system alongside 12 speakers including Subwoofer and Amplifier. The Super and Smart trims get 6-speaker and 8-speaker music system.
10. What all safety features are offered with the MG Gloster?
Ans: Being a premium offering, the Gloster gets a host of safety features and some of them are never-seen-before in the Indian market. MG Gloster safety features include Dual Front, Side & Full Length Curtain Airbags, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Traction Control System (TCS), Roll Movement Intervention (RMI), Hill Hold Control (HHC), Hill Descent Control, ABS + EBD + Brake Assist, Electro-mechanical Differential Lock (EDL), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Blind Spot Detection (BSD), 360º Around View Camera, Reverse Parking Camera, Driver Fatigue Reminder System, Electric Parking Brake with Autohold, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, ISOFIX Child Seat Anchors, High Speed Warning Alert, 3 Point Seatbelts for All Passengers and Driver & Co-Driver Double Stage Pre-Tightening Safety Belt etc. to name a few.
11. Does the MG Gloster has ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) and Airbags?
Ans: Yes, the Gloster features ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution) & BA (brake assist), rear and front parking sensors and dual front airbags as standard across the entire variant line-up.
12. Are LPG/CNG versions of the MG Gloster available in India?
Ans: Mahindra is initially offering the SUV with two diesel engines. Since it’s being projected as a premium full-sized SUV, we don’t expect it to get a CNG kit.
13. What is MG Gloster’s real mileage in the city and on highways?
Ans: MG Gloster's 2.0L turbo diesel engine is expected to deliver an ARAI-certified mileage of around 12-13kmpl, while the 2.0L twin-turbo diesel mileage could be around 8-10kmpl.
14. Does MG Gloster have an automatic model?
Ans: Yes, the Gloster is offered with an 8-speed automatic gearbox as standard across the entire variant line-up. Sadly, there is no manual transmission available.
15. What all gearbox options are available with the MG Gloster?
Ans: The Gloster gets an 8-speed automatic gearbox as standard across the entire range.
16. Tell me about MG Gloster’s total seats?
Ans: Mahindra Gloster comes in two seating layouts: 6 seater (captain seats in the middle row) and 7-seater (bench seat in the middle row).
17. Is MG Gloster available with automatic air conditioning?
Ans: Yes, the SUV comes with three-zone automatic air conditioner with PM 2.5 air filter in all the variants, except the base Super which gets a manual AC.
18. Is the new MG Gloster offered with sunroof?
Ans: Yes, the top-end Sharp and Savvy trims of MG Gloster get Dual pane panoramic sunroof while the mid Smart variant boasts of an electric sunroof.
19. Tell me about MG Gloster’s parking sensors and camera?
Ans: All the variants come equipped with rear and front parking sensors as well as reverse parking camera as factory-fitted safety features.
20. What would be the on-road price of MG Gloster?
Ans: MG Gloster price starts at Rs 28.98 Lakhs and goes as high as 35.38 Lakhs. Both the prices are Ex. Showroom, Delhi and valid till October 31, 2020 or for the first 2000 bookings. However, MG Gloster on-road price would vary from state to state, because of different taxes levied by the ruling government. It is better to contact the nearest MG dealer for more info on the same.
21. What are the competitors for MG Gloster?
Ans: MG Gloster is a full-sized SUV, which would directly rival Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner and Mahindra Alturas G4 in the Indian market.
22. What would be the color options for MG Gloster?
Ans: MG Gloster is available with a total of four color choices: Agate Red, Metal Black, Metal Ash and Warm White.
23. What are the dimensions of MG Gloster?
Ans: MG Gloster's dimensions are below:
Length - 4985mm
Width - 1926mm
Height - 1867mm
Wheelbase - 2950mm
23. What is the water wading capacity of MG Gloster?
Ans: MG Gloster water wading capacity is 550mm.
24. When will the MG Gloster deliveries start?
Ans: MG Gloster deliveries have started from today across the nation.
Read Also : MG Gloster Launched at Rs 28.98 Lakhs