New-Gen Maruti Suzuki Swift Hatchback Bags Over 40,000 Bookings

The company has already sold a total of 19,393 units of the new-generation Maruti Suzuki Swift in the Indian market.
  • Published On: 03/06/24
  • Views
  • 0 Comments
  • Likes
  • 3 min read
New Gen Maruti Suzuki Swift

News Highlights

  • The new-gen Swift comes at a starting price of INR 6.49 lakh (ex-showroom).
  • The Maruti Suzuki Swift is powered by a new 1.2-litre 3-cylinder Z-series petrol engine.

Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) launched the new-generation Swift in India on May 9, 2024. The newly launched hatchback has clocked over 40,000 bookings in the first month of its sales. The brand’s highest-selling car, the Swift, comes at a starting price of INR 6.49 lakh (ex-showroom) and goes up to INR 9.64 lakh (ex-showroom) for the top variant. The company has already sold a total of 19,393 units of the new-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift in the Indian market.

The Senior Executive Officer (Marketing & Sales) at Maruti Suzuki India Limited, Partho Banerjee, stated that the company has only unveiled the Swift petrol variant in the market, while the CNG variant will be launched in the coming months. He emphasized, “We have right now introduced the petrol variant (of the Swift); the CNG variant has not yet been introduced. 40,000 bookings just for Petrol is a very good response, and we’re seeing good traction for the Swift in the first month of launch.”

Read more: Maruti Suzuki Fronx Delta+(O) Variant Launched in India

The auto giant has disclosed that the manual variant of the new-generation Maruti Suzuki Swift remains the most popular offering from the company. The manual trim has garnered more than 83 percent of the bookings, whereas the AMT model accounts for the remaining 17 percent of the demand. Maruti Suzuki has also revealed that the mid-spec VXI variant accounts for about 50 percent of the booking demand.

Maruti Suzuki recently reduced the prices of the Swift AMT variants by up to INR 5,000 to increase sales numbers. In terms of safety features, the new-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift comes equipped with 6 airbags, Electronic Stability Program+ (ESP®), 3-point seatbelts for all seats, Hill Hold Assist, Brake Assist, and Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD).

The hatchback is loaded with features like a 22.86 cm (9-inch) SmartPlay Pro+ infotainment system, A & C Type USB ports, wireless Apple CarPlay, wireless phone charger, cruise control, auto headlamps, Suzuki Connect with voice commands, and more.

The new-gen Swift comes with a new 1.2-litre 3-cylinder Z-series petrol engine that generates less power output than the previous engine; however, the hatchback does come with better fuel efficiency. The engine now churns out 80 bhp of power at 5,700 rpm and a peak torque of 112 Nm at 4,300 rpm. It is mated to either a 5-speed AMT or a 5-speed manual.

Related Stories

2024 Suzuki Swift Arrives at Dealerships in Japan

2024 Maruti Suzuki Swift Arrives at Dealerships in Japan

The fourth-generation Swift was first unveiled at the Japanese Mobility Show in 2023. ...

  • Published On: 18/01/24
  • 0 Views
  • 2 min read
Maruti to Integrate Hybrid Technology in Swift

Maruti Suzuki to Integrate Hybrid Technology in Swift Hatchback

The manufacturer earlier launched the Swift Hybrid, equipped with a new Z-series engine, in Japan in December 2023. ...

  • Published On: 10/01/24
  • 0 Views
  • 2 min read

Author Droom

  • Published On: 03/06/24
  • Views
  • 0 Comments
  • Likes
  • 2 min read

Discover Your Dream Vehicle

Eg: Maruti Suzuki Alto VXI
Eg: Bajaj Pulsar 150
Eg: Honda Activa