The 2018 LP 580-2 features a unique white-and-gold paint job; all proceeds donated to charity.

A Lamborghini Huracán was gifted to Pope Francis back in November 2017. The car featured custom paintwork along with his signature and it was recently auctioned for USD 8,61,575 (Rs 5.81 crore) at this weekend’s RM Sotheby’s Monaco Sale.

The design was inspired by the Vatican City flag and the body of the car is finished in a white Bianco Monocerus paint job with golden-yellow Giallo Tiberino stripes running down the centre. The car is only different cosmetically, everything under the hood is the same.

It uses the same LP 580-2's 5.2-litre V10, which makes 571hp and 540Nm. A lot of charities will benefit from this sale. Around 70 percent of the funds have been allocated to the city of Nineveh, Iraq, which was recently attacked by ISIS. The remaining 30 percent will be equally divided and given to three other charity groups.

News You May Like

1,500th Safari Storme for the Indian Army rolls out
  • Published On : 27 August 2018
  • 1 min read

Tata Motors is contracted to supply 3,192 units of the GS800 Safari Storme 4x4 army-spec SUV to the Indian Armed Forces.

Read More

Jeep Compass Gets Over 10,000 Bookings
  • Published On : 5 September 2017
  • 1 min read

The company has ramped up production at its Ranjangaon plant to meet demand.

Read More