We help you to choose the perfect vehicle for you
The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) stated in a white paper that it will take India until 2047 to completely electrify mobility. Submitted to the government, the white paper’s recommendations keep the government’s target – 40 percent for personal electric mobility by 2030 – in mind and has stated that and a complete shift to electric vehicles by 2047 is a target.
SIAM says 100 percent of New Vehicle sales should be electrified vehicles by 2047 by following the below roadmap:
1) Intra-city public transport fleets to be electric vehicles by 2030;
2) 40 percent of cars sold in India need to be electric vehicles by 2030;
3) 60 percent of new vehicles should employ greener technologies like hybrids and other alternate fuels by 2030;
4) To ensure a smooth shift to pure EVs and aid the transition, the upgradation of the internal combustion engine must continue over the next decade or so.
5) All new cars should be electric vehicles by 2047.
SIAM president Dr Abhay Firodia said in a statement that for this to be reality, industry, government and various stakeholders need to collaborate 100 percent.
If you too are looking to buy an automatic transmission car but are a bit short on budget, here are four cars that can be your choice without burning a hole in your pocket.Read More