The 2020 Mahindra Thar, unarguably, is one of the biggest launches of 2020 in the Indian market. It has been making headlines and grabbing all the eyeballs for the last couple of years. The bookings for the new-gen Thar started from yesterday itself, i.e. October 2, 2020 while the deliveries are expected to commence from the first week of November across the nation. We have prepared a comprehensive list of questions that could be pondering across the brain of buyers. So, here's presenting the 2020 Mahindra Thar FAQs:
1. What is the Ground Clearance of the new Mahindra Thar?
Ans: The 2020 Mahindra Thar comes in two grades: AX and LX. The 2020 Mahindra Thar AX comes with a ground clearance of 219mm, while the 2020 Mahindra Thar LX has a ground clearance of 226mm which is adequate for hardcore off-roading.
2. Which are the engine options available with the new Mahindra Thar?
Ans: The new-gen Mahindra Thar comes with two BS6 compliant engine options – a 2.0L turbocharged mStallion 150 petrol and a 2.2L 4-cylinder mHawk 130 diesel.
3. Tell me the wheel size of the Mahindra Thar?
Ans: The AX grade of Mahindra Thar would come with a 16-inch wheel size, while the Thar LX rides on 18-inch wheels.
4. Would the new 2020 Mahindra Thar be available through CSD (Canteen Stores Department) Canteen? If yes, what would be the CSD price of Thar?
Ans: Indian Army's QuarterMaster General (QMG) arm had directed that officers can buy cars worth up to only Rs 12 Lakhs while the engine capacity was capped at 2500cc. The 2020 Mahindra Thar fulfils both the aforementioned requirements and hence, it can be expected at the CSD outlets very soon. Mahindra Thar CSD price will be updated at our website once the vehicle is available for sale.
5. What is the top power and peak torque of Mahindra Thar?
Ans: Mahindra Thar comes with two engine options – a 2.0L turbocharged mStallion 150 petrol and a 2.2L 4-cylinder mHawk 130 diesel. The 2.0L petrol-powered models would have a maximum power of 150bhp at 5000rpm and peak torque of 300Nm between 1250-3000rpm. The automatic variants of Mahindra Thar LX range will deliver torque performance of 320Nm between 1500-3000rpm. On the other hand, the 2.2L mHawk 130 diesel variants will have top power and highest torque of 130bhp at 3750rpm and 300Nm between 1600-2800rpm, respectively.
6. What is Mahindra Thar’s fuel tank capacity?
Ans: The SUV comes with a fuel tank capacity of 57-liters.
7. What is the boot space (luggage carrying capacity) of the Mahindra Thar?
Ans: Mahindra Thar comes with a decent boot space with the rear seats fully folded. Though, the company has not released the official luggage carrying capacity but it can pack 2-3 suitcases with ease.
8. What is the waiting period/time with Mahindra Thar?
Ans: Seeing the initial response, we expect the Thar to have a general waiting period of around 1-2 weeks, depending on the region, state, city, variant, and color options.
9. Tell me about Mahindra Thar’s music system?
Ans: Mahindra Thar comes equipped with a 17.8cm touchscreen infotainment system which is integrated with roof-mounted four speakers and two tweeters.
10. What all safety features are offered with the Kia Sonet?
Ans: Despite being a hardcore off-roader, the Thar gets Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Brake Assist (BA), Rear Parking Sensors, seat-belt reminder system, ISOFIX child seat mounts, Speed sensing front door locks and dual front airbags.
11. Does the Mahindra Thar has ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) and Airbags?
Ans: Yes, the Thar features ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution) & BA (brake assist), rear parking sensors and dual front airbags as standard across the entire variant line-up.
12. Are LPG/CNG versions of the Mahindra Thar available in India?
Ans: Mahindra is initially offering the SUV with petrol and diesel fuel options. Since it’s being projected as a hardcore off-roader while targeting adventure lovers, we don’t expect it to get a CNG kit.
13. What is Mahindra Thar’s real mileage in the city and on highways?
Ans: Mahindra Thar petrol model is expected to deliver an ARAI-certified mileage of around 12-13kmpl, while the Thar diesel mileage could be around 16-17kmpl.
14. Does Mahindra Thar have an Automatic model?
Ans: Yes, the Thar is offered with a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox with the LX range in both petrol and diesel fuel trims.
15. What all gearbox options are available with the Mahindra Thar?
Ans: The Thar gets a total of two gearbox options: six-speed manual and 6-speed torque converter automatic.
16. Tell me about Mahindra Thar’s total seats?
Ans: Mahindra Thar comes in two seating layouts: 6 seater (front 2 forward facing and rear 4 side facing) and 4-seater (front 2 forward facing and rear 2 front facing).
17. Is Mahindra Thar 2020 available with automatic air conditioning?
Ans: Yes, the SUV comes with Heater, Ventilation & Air Conditioner (HVAC) with electrically operated switches.
18. Is the new Mahindra thar offered with alloy wheels?
Ans: Yes, the LX range of Mahindra Thar gets 18-inch deep silver alloy wheels with Thar branding. Though, the other variants come with 16-inch steel wheels.
19. Tell me about Mahindra Thar’s parking sensors and camera?
Ans: All the variants come equipped with rear parking sensors as standard while rearview camera is not available.
20. What would be the on-road price of Mahindra Thar?
Ans: Mahindra Thar petrol price starts at Rs 9.80 Lakhs and goes as high as 12.49 Lakhs. On the other hand, Mahindra Thar diesel price comes in a range of Rs 10.85-12.95 Lakhs. Both the prices are Ex. Showroom, pan India. However, Mahindra Thar on-road price would vary from state to state, because of different taxes levied by the ruling government. It is better to contact the nearest Mahindra dealer for more info on the same.
22. What would be the color options for Mahindra Thar?
Ans: Mahindra Thar is available with a total of 6 color choices: Rocky Beige, Aquamarine, Mystic Cooper, Red Rage, Napoli Black and Galaxy Grey.
23. What are the dimensions of the Mahindra Thar?
Ans: Mahindra Thar's dimensions are below:
Length - 3985mm
Width - 1820mm (AX) & 1855 (LX)
Height - 1920mm (Soft-top) & 1844 (Hard-top)
Wheelbase - 2450mm
23. What is the water wading capacity of Mahindra Thar?
Ans: Mahindra Thar water wading capacity is 650mm
24. When will the Mahindra Thar deliveries start?
Ans: Mahindra Thar deliveries will start from the first week of November across the country.